No sound or low volume during video playback
Modified on: Tue, 22 Aug, 2017 at 2:25 PM
If you can barely hear yourself during video playback, please close PitchVantage app and follow the steps below to make changes that are applicable to you.
1. Headset connection:
2. If you are using headset with jack(s), make sure the number of jacks of your headset match up with your laptop. One (two) jack headset in most cases would NOT work on two (one) jack laptop.
3. For Windows users only: check if your sound driver needs an update.
Click Start > go to Device Manager > Double click Sound, video, and game controllers > Right click your sound driver > Click Update driver.
4. Turn up microphone volume: adjust sound recording settings if you have not done so. (Windows | Mac)
5. Make sure the speaker volume is turned up.
6. Go back to PitchVantage app > Click Settings on top right corner of the app screen and click Headset Settings. Make sure the microphone shown in the dropdown menu is the one that you have adjusted.
Now record a 30-second session in PitchVantage. Speak louder if you natural speaking volume is low. If you can hear yourself clearly during video playback, your issue is resolved!
If the issue persists, go back to sound recording settings (Windows | Mac) and make the following change:
- Mac users: Drag input volume slider to 75% or more.
- Windows users: Drag Microphone Boost slider to +20.0 dB or more.
Record another 30-second session in PitchVantage and hear video playback.
If the issue still won't go away, please follow the 2 steps below to find the exact problem source.
1. Test if PitchVantage is working: Close PitchVantage and make a recording on your laptop with headset on.
- If you can clearly hear yourself in the video playback, it means PitchVantage isn't working. We apologize for the inconvenience, please immediately email email@example.com to report the issue.
- If your playback has no sound or very little sound, it means the issue comes from your laptop or headset. Please follow step 2.
2. Test if your laptop is working: Close PitchVantage, disconnect headset, and make a recording on your laptop.
- If you can clearly hear yourself in the video playback, it means your headset's listening function isn't working. Easiest solution would be not using a headset when you play back video.
- If your playback has no sound or very little sound, it means your laptop's sound driver isn't working. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you find a solution.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.