How to adjust sound recording setting for IDT and other audio drivers?
Modified on: Mon, 14 Jan, 2019 at 4:49 PM
- For Windows 7 & 8 users, double click the External Microphone of your recording device.
- For Windows 10 users, click Device properties under Input.
Windows 7 & 8 Windows 10
- Drag External Mic slider to 100
- Drag Microphone Boost slider to 0.0 dB
Important: make sure microphone is NOT muted.
Picture below shows the microphone is muted. Unmute by clicking the icon .
Click Listen > Uncheck Listen to this device.
- Select 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100HZ (CD Quality) from the drop-down menu. If this selection is unavailable, keep the default format.
Click OK. Your adjustment is complete!
Lastly, click the attachment below to listen to a 6-second audio and get a sense of what good quality recording sounds like. You are all set and ready to launch PitchVantage!
Sound recording settings different from what's shown in this article? We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us immediately and we will help you figure out the optimal setting!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.