For Windows users:
Double click the PitchVantage icon on your desktop to launch the software.
(If you have chosen not to create a desktop icon, type PitchVantage in the search bar on the start menu. You should be able to find the application.)
For Mac users:
Click Launchpad > Open PitchVantage.
Troubleshoot if you face issues launching PitchVantage.
Enter the email address and password that you created during account registration > Click Login.
If an error message pops up, click here to find a solution.
After logging in, the Settings page will pop up the first time you open PitchVantage:
Step 1: Check Webcam. If you see yourself in the window, click Next.
If you are having issues selecting a working camera, troubleshoot.
Step 2: Check Microphone. Plug in your headset/headphone/earphone with a microphone and select the Microphone you have adjusted.
Speak into the microphone with a conversational tone; the green bar should move across the halfway point of the volume meter. If you are having issues selecting a working microphone, troubleshoot.
If you have already adjusted sound recording settings, click Next > click Finished.
If you have not adjusted sound recording settings, click Adjust Recording Settings.
Next, let's try a sample practice!
- Set your presentation time by clicking the arrowor directly typing the number
- If you present with slides, click Yes then click Add slides
- For Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote users, instructions on how to add slides will appear in PitchVantage
- If you present with other presentation software such as Prezi and Google slides, click here for instructions
- Click Next. You are half way through the setting!
In the second half of setting,
Lastly, before you start presenting, go through the quick TIPS that we have prepared for you to perform well. Also, click the arrow on the right of the screen to get familiar with the keyboard controls you will click during presentation. Check out the tips on what to do if you become nervous and forget what to say.
- Select a Room
- Large room is an environment where you present to a big group of audience
- Boardroom is a typical work environment where you present to a few colleagues
- Select the type of presentation you will be delivering
- Select the type of audience you will be presenting to
- Select Next
When you are ready, click Begin. Good luck!