Right click the sound icon on desktop> Click Recording devices.
- If you see a USB Microphone, go down to the next step.
- If your USB microphone is disabled or you don't see it, right click within the empty space > Select Show Disabled Devices > Right click the disabled USB Microphone > Click Enable.
Is your USB microphone the Default Device?
- If it is, you should see a check markon the USB microphone's icon. Then go down to the next step.
- If it's not, right click the USB Microphone > Select Set as Default Device.
Next, double click your USB Microphone.
- Drag Microphone slider to 100
- Drag Microphone Boost slider to 0.0 dB (if visible)
Important: make sure microphone is NOT muted.
Picture below shows the microphone is muted. Un-mute by clicking the icon .
Click Listen > Uncheck Listen to this device.
- Select 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100Hz (CD Quality) from the drop-down menu. If this selection is unavailable, keep the default format.
- Uncheck Enable audio enhancements (if visible)
Click OK. Your adjustment is complete!
Lastly, click the attachment below to listen to a 6-second audio and get a sense of what good quality recording sounds like. You are all set and ready to launch PitchVantage!
Sound recording settings different from what's shown in this article? We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us and we will help you figure out the optimal setting!