To ensure accurate presentation scores, we require all first-time users to adjust sound recording settings before using PitchVantage. Follow the instructions carefully and you only need to complete this process once.
Windows 7&8 users, please click here to continue; Windows 10 users, please follow the instructions below.
First, connect a headset with a mic to your laptop.
Next, click Device properties under Input.
- Uncheck Disable All Sound Effects (if visible)
- Check Immediate Mode (if visible)
- Check Noise Suppression (if visible)
- Check Mono Microphone (if visible)
- Check Microphone Focus (if visible)
Newer laptops have only one setting item: Enable. Check Enable.
- Drag Microphone slider to 100
- Drag Microphone Boost slider to 0.0 dB (if visible)
Important: make sure microphone is NOT muted.
Picture below shows the microphone is muted. Un-mute by clicking the icon .
Click Listen > Uncheck Listen to this device.
Click OK. Your adjustment is complete!
Lastly, click the attachment below to listen to a 6-second audio and get a sense of what good quality recording sounds like. You are all set and ready to launch PitchVantage!