If you completed a practice session and received "No Speech Registered" message, please close PitchVantage app and follow the steps below to make changes that are applicable to you.
1. Headset connection:
- If you are not using a headset/headphone/earphone with a microphone, connect one to your laptop.
- If you are already using a headset with a microphone, disconnect it and connect again.
2. If you are using headset with jack(s), make sure the number of jacks of your headset match up with your laptop. One (two) jack headset in most cases would NOT work on two (one) jack laptop.
3. For Windows users only: check if your sound driver needs an update.
Click Start > go to Device Manager > Double click Sound, video, and game controllers > Right click your sound driver > Click Update driver.
4. Your microphone may be muted: adjust sound recording settings if you have not done so. (Windows | Mac)
5. Go back to PitchVantage app > Click Settings on top right corner of the app screen. Make sure the microphone shown in the dropdown menu is the one that you have adjusted.
If the issue persists, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.