The instructions for Windows 10 are a bit different from Windows 7 & 8.
For Windows 7 & 8 users:
Turn on your Bluetooth headset > Right click the sound icon on desktop> Click Recording devices.
- If you see a Bluetooth Microphone, go down to the next step.
- If your Bluetooth microphone is disabled or you don't see it, right click within the empty space > Select Show Disabled Devices > Right click the disabled Bluetooth Microphone > Click Enable.
Is your Bluetooth microphone the Default Device?
- If yes, you should see a check markon the Bluetooth microphone's icon. Then go down to the next step.
- If no, right click the Bluetooth Microphone > Select Set as Default Device.
For Windows 10 users:
Turn on your Bluetooth headset > Right click the sound iconon desktop > Click Open Sound settings. Under Input, You should see your input device in the dropdown menu. Select your Bluetooth Microphone from dropdown.
*Bluetooth Microphone not showing in the dropdown menu? Right click the sound icon on desktop > Click Open Sound settings > Scroll down the page and click Bluetooth and other devices > Click Add Bluetooth or other device and follow instructions to add your bluetooth headset. Now you should see Bluetooth Microphone option from dropdown.
- For Windows 7 & 8 users, double click your Bluetooth Microphone.
- For Windows 10 users, click Device properties under Input.
Windows 7 & 8 Windows 10
Click Levels > Drag Microphone slider to 100.
Important: make sure microphone is NOT muted.
Picture below shows the microphone is muted. Un-mute by clicking the icon .
Click Listen > Uncheck Listen to this device.
Click OK. Your adjustment is complete!
Lastly, click the attachment below to listen to a 6-second audio and get a sense of what good quality recording sounds like. Important: some Bluetooth headsets are NOT optimized for recording and you can hear loud background noise of static and surrounding noises during video playback. If this happens, please switch to a headset with jack or USB headset.
You are all set! Put on your bluetooth headset and launch PitchVantage.
Sound recording settings different from what's shown in this article? We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us immediately and we will help you figure out the optimal setting!