A few things to check:
First, please make sure you have stable Internet connection. 2 mb/s is considered sufficient upload/download speed to use PitchVantage (Google Speed Test). Close all other applications and browser tabs.
Then, check for Google Chrome updates:
- Open Chrome on your laptop
- At the top right, click three vertical dots
- Click Update Google Chrome (if there isn't an update button, you have the latest version)
- If your Chrome version is too old, you may need to uninstall then reinstall Chrome. To download Chrome, click here.
- On your computer, open Google Chrome
- At the top right, click More or three vertical dots
- Click More Tools
- Click Clear browsing data > click the Basic tab
- Select All time for time range
- Leave the box next to Browsing history unchecked
- Leave the box next to Cookies and other site data unchecked
- Check the box next to Cached images and files
- Click Clear data
Check your hardware. Are mic and cam plugged in (external device) AND turned on? Disconnect and reconnect. Do your cam and mic work in other apps such as Skype or Zoom? If not, hardware might be the problem.
Check your anti-virus software such as Kaspersky.